25 Oct This is a test post
What is DigitalOcean?
DigitalOcean is a cloud infrastructure provider focused on simplifying web infrastructure for software developers.
What are DigitalOcean’s key advantages?
- SSD-only cloud – DigitalOcean’s servers use only high-performance Solid State Disks. Their speed directly benefits the performance of hosted web sites and applications. All DigitalOcean cloud servers are live and configurable in less than one minute.
- Simple Control Panel – DigitalOcean’s command center makes configuring cloud servers and development frameworks simple and intuitive.
- Professional hosting starting at $5 U.S. per month – DigitalOcean’s transparent and simple pricing model starts at $5 per month and offers hourly billing.
- Active Developer Community – DigitalOcean’s community pages are continually updated and moderated. Developers will find numerous tutorials, a robust Q & A section, and myriad community projects.
- Linux distributions/one-click installations – DigitalOcean offers five popular Linux distributions that can be automatically pre-installed upon deployment of a server: Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, and CoreOS. FreeBSD is also supported. A multitude of application stacks can be installed with just one click, including LAMP, LEMP, MEAN, and Docker; also development frameworks Ruby on Rails, Django and node; as well as popular applications like eCommerce software Magento, CMS solutions WordPress and Ghost, and MediaWiki.
What advantages does an SSD cloud server have over a shared hosting plan?
DigitalOcean users can have their personal cloud server spun up and active in 55 seconds. Each box comes with full root access, a choice of operating systems, and the ability to customize the setup.
What advantages does an SSD cloud server have over a dedicated server?
DigitalOcean allows on the fly scaling—a task that is much more difficult on a dedicated box. Changing the amount of RAM on a box can be done with a simple reboot, while expanding the disk size takes less than an hour. The same process can take hours or days with a dedicated setup.
The prices are awesomely low! Does DigitalOcean make a profit?
We are able to make enough profit to keep the lights on
Do you have a referral program?
Yes we do! Customers can refer their friends and earn $25 in account credits or payout. Click here to learn more about how our referral program works.